CSR Martini Pty Limited
SUMMARY OF UNDERTAKING
Activities CSR Martini Pty Limited will undertake include:
- Conducting training for the Martini Board, leadership team and the entire workforce on relevant WHS matters
- Conducting audits and identifying and implementing action plans in relation to guarding, working at heights and manual handling
- Developing and implementing a safety exchange program focussing on key areas of WHS on site
- Producing a video of the relevant incident and the learnings from it and sharing that with the broader industry
- Sponsoring a community fun run event in November 2017 and promoting key safety messages as part of that event
- Ensuring the Martini site is audited by an accredited WHS auditor under the relevant standard and that the actions arising from those audits are implemented
- Developing and maintaining a WHS management system that complies with AS/NZS 4804: 2001
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $394,000.
REASONS FOR ACCEPTING THE UNDERTAKING
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed enforceable undertaking from being accepted.
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by you in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an enforceable undertaking.
- the strategies proposed in the enforceable undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term, sustainable work health and safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community.
- the enforceable undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “Enforceable Undertakings – Guidelines for Proposing a WHS Undertaking”.