Boom Logistics Limited
On 29 October 2013 a worker employed by a labour hire company, sustained injuries when a crane fell and struck the elevated work platform he was in.
Section 19(1) of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Summary of undertaking
Activities Boom Logistics Limited will undertake include:
- Implement a leadership training program to strengthen Boom Logistics’ safety and compliance culture.
- Develop a lifting gear initial selection tool and training program for application to the crane industry to assist field personnel to make better informed lifting gear selection decisions.
- Provide sponsorship to the Reach Foundation in NSW.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $430,000.
Reasons for accepting the undertaking
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Boom Logistics Limited in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- the strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- the undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “Enforceable Undertakings – Guidelines for Proposing a WHS Undertaking”.
9 August 2016
View the full Boom Logistics undertaking.