Glyphosates and organophosates
Chemicals containing glyphosate (commonly known as Roundup) and some other common pesticides have been assessed as being potentially carcinogenic to humans.
Before buying and using these chemicals, ask yourself:
- Can I use other methods of pest control or use safer chemicals?
- Are my pesticides registered in Australia for approved purposes?
- Have I read the labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and am I following instructions?
- Am I using the right personal protective equipment (PPE)?
- Am I using the best application system to reduce my risk of exposure?
- Have I got emergency and safety equipment on hand and can my workers quickly access emergency contact details?
If you are worried about using pesticides, talk to your employer or consult your doctor.